CF/SUOMISPORT Registration 2020
Continuing since 2014, all club members need to be licensed for all formats of cricket played in Finland. There are ongoing developments for clubs & members on the National Olympic Committee platform at WWW.SUOMISPORT.FI
Key license information for 2020:
- Since January 1st, 2018 the online license process via SuomiSport is for the full calendar year.
- Licenses in 2020 will run from 1.1.-31.12.2020, so do go and get yours now!
- Same as last year, in 2020 there are 3 license options for adults over 18
- Adult Full League License is reduced to €46; this license covers all forms and formats of cricket organised or sanctioned by Cricket Finland and is the main license for everyone (anyone who will turn 18 during 2020, must take out this adult license)
- There are no age restrictions for Hobby & Soft Ball Licenses, as follows:
- Hobby License for those people who intend to play only in non-competitive hard ball and soft ball cricket outside leagues & tournaments organised or sanctioned by Cricket Finland
- Soft Ball License for those who wish to participate only in non-hard ball cricket competitions organised or sanctioned by Cricket Finland (e.g. this license for CF Indoor League, only if you plan to play no hard ball cricket in 2020)
- By purchasing the license each player approves the License Conditions here
- Hobby & Soft Ball licenses have both been reduced to only €4 for 2020
- Should you change your mind during the year, then go to Suomisport and pay the extra cost to enhance the personal license you purchased earlier in the year (there is a small 2€ transaction fee to do this, on top of the difference in value to the license you choose to move up to - so if unsure, just take out the Full License that covers everything!).
- The OP personal injury insurance cover remains as last year:
- the insurance covers personal player injury at cricket matches, cricket training, or during travel to/from cricket and offers medical care without up front payment or waiting via OMA SAIRAALA (and other OP hospitals)
- see the policy concerning the deductible value per accident.
- Due to a few costly claims again in 2019, the 2020 insurance cover linked to the Full League License insurance premium has increased by €20:
- Full League License adult insurance for 12 months is €90; note this insurance covers ALL other formats and any other cricket activities too. This insurance is optional for adults but compulsory for anyone who turns 18 by 31.12.2020
- Hobby insurance for 12 months is €20; note this insurance covers you only for non-competitive activities (as above)
- Soft Ball insurance for 12 months is €10; note, this insurance covers you for only competitive cricket organised and/or approved by Cricket Finland for any cricket activities using a soft/non-hard ball
- Everyone MUST enter personal mobile number & email account in SuomiSport = in no circumstances a club email
- These personal details must be kept up to date during the year, as these will be used by CF to provide information and updates on all cricket activities during the year
- License & insurance payment via MAKSUTURVA on SUOMISPORT, to be paid ONLINE using any Finnish netbank. The option also exists to pay as an invoice (see all details on Suomisport)
- ANY QUESTIONS, THEN PLEASE CONTACT VIA EMAIL TO LSC@CRICKETFINLAND.COM or INFO@CRICKETFINLAND.COM
The license registration website is available in Finnish, Swedish & English, (for reference only you can see last year's this handy how-to-register guide explains the registration process in English. You can also download the pdf or scroll to the bottom of the page to view the guide). The registration process requires each club member to fill in and submit the online registration form AND pay the registration payment. For members who turn 18 during 2020, the insurance is compulsory - i.e. if you will turn 18 during the license period, then you must take out an adult license.
Are you over 18 and plan to play even a single league game for your club? Then you MUST have the FULL LEAGUE license! Check with your club representative if you are uncertain...
IMPORTANT NOTE: The licenses are for adults and U-18 children to be able to play in Cricket Finland(CF)-organised leagues and/or other forms & formats organised by clubs, but sanctioned by CF. We have made a clear separation between hard ball and non-hard ball cricket, as well as non-competitive and competitive CF approved or sanctioned cricket - so please select the license based on what type of cricket you intend to play in 2020. If you do purchase a non-hard ball license, then the hard ball license can be purchased later in the year, for the added cost difference plus a small 2€ admin fee. However, note that all league players intending to start the CF SM hard ball leagues MUST have the full league license by latest April 21st, 2020 to be an eligible league player at the start of the season.
As it is a full year license, so any new players that clubs find (=ones that have not played in Finland before) will still have to pay the full license fee.
NOTE - IF YOU INTEND TO PLAY INDOOR LEAGUE, BUT ALSO WISH TO PLAY ANY HARD BALL CRICKET IN THE SUMMER, YOU MUST TAKE THE FULL LEAGUE LICENSE.
ALL 2020 INDOOR LEAGUE PLAYERS MUST HAVE A LICENSE BY LATEST FRIDAY 10TH JANUARY TO BE AN ELIGIBLE PLAYER.
This license process is important to complete for all your club members, regardless of age or playing format, so that we get a full picture for the Finnish authorities of the total growing numbers involved with cricket in Finland.
The insurance company OP has not yet provided information on the terms of the insurance in English, so please check this out again shortly if you wish to see the policy in English....