CF/SUOMISPORT Registration 2018
As before since 2014, all club members need to be licensed for all formats of cricket played in Finland. Improvements in this year's registration process through the license page at WWW.SUOMISPORT.FI are outlined below:
What is new in 2018? An improved license process via SUOMISPORT this year
- as advised last year, from January 1st, 2018 we have moved our online license process via SuomiSport to a full calendar year (the Suomisport license in 2017 was for only 9 months from April to December)
- the licenses in 2018 will run from 1.1.-31.12.2018
- in 2018 there are now 3 license options for adults over 18 and 3 for those under 18 as at 31.12.2018 (anyone who will turn 18 during 2018, must take out the adult license)
- adult league (hard ball) license will cost €45; this license covers all forms and formats of cricket and is the main license
- adult hobby (hard ball) license will cost €10; this license covers only non-league hard ball cricket, but will also cover you for playing any non-hard ball cricket too such as tennis ball or indoor league cricket
- adult non-hard ball license is now only €5 for the full calendar year; so take this license only if you intend to play no hard ball cricket whatsoever during 2018
- the extended OP insurance cover remains as in 2017:
- excellent cover: the insurance covers injury at cricket matches, cricket training, or during travel to/from cricket and offers medical care without any payment or waiting via OMA SAIRAALA (and other OP hospitals)
- see the policy concerning the deductible value per accident.
- due to costly claims made in 2017, the 2018 insurance cover is approximately double the premium cost last year:
- adult LEAGUE (hard ball) insurance for 12 months is €60; note this insurance covers ALL other formats too
- adult HOBBY (hard ball) insurance for 12 months is €20; note this insurance covers you for non-league hard ball activities AND any non-hard ball cricket (e.g. tennis ball or indoor league tournaments)
- adult non-hard ball insurance for 12 months is €10, but note this does not cover you at all for any cricket activities using a hard ball
- all under-18 personal insurance policies are compulsory with the cost dependent on the format of cricket to be played in 2018; if you turn 18 during 2018, then you must purchase adult insurance.
- everyone MUST enter personal mobile number & email account in SuomiSport = in no circumstances a club email.
- license & insurance payment via MAKSUTURVA on SUOMISPORT, to be paid ONLINE using any Finnish netbank.
- ANY QUESTIONS, THEN PLEASE CONTACT VIA EMAIL TO INFO@CRICKETFINLAND.COM
The license registration website is available in Finnish & English, (for reference only you can see last year's this handy how-to-register guide explains the registration process in English. You can also download the pdf or scroll to the bottom of the page to view the guide). The registration process requires each club member to fill in and submit the online registration form AND pay the registration payment. For members who are younger than 18 (born after 31.12.2000), the insurance is compulsory - i.e. if you will turn 18 during the license period, then you must take out an adult license.
Are you over 18 and plan to play even a single league game for your club? Then you MUST have the LEAGUE license! Check with your club representative if you are uncertain...
IMPORTANT NOTE: The licenses are for adults and U-18 children to be able to play in Cricket Finland(CF)-organised leagues and/or other forms & formats organised by clubs. This year we have made a clear separation between hard ball and non-hard ball cricket - so please select the license based on what type of cricket you intend to play in 2018. If you do purchase a non-hard ball license, then the hard ball license can be purchased later in the year, for the added cost difference. However, note that all league players intending to start the CF SM hard ball leagues MUST have the full league license by latest April 30th, 2018 to be an eligible league player at the start of the season.
NOTE - IF YOU INTEND TO PLAY INDOOR LEAGUE, BUT ALSO WISH TO PLAY ANY HARD BALL CRICKET IN THE SUMMER, YOU MUST TAKE EITHER THE FULL LEAGUE HARD BALL LICENSE, OR THEN THE HARD BALL HOBBY LICENSE WHICH WILL BE VALID FOR ALL NON-HARD BALL FORMS & FORMATS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.
ALL 2018 INDOOR LEAGUE PLAYERS MUST HAVE A LICENSE BY LATEST MONDAY 15TH JANUARY TO BE AN ELIGIBLE PLAYER.
This license process is important to complete for all your club members, regardless of age or playing format, so that we get a full picture for the Finnish authorities of the total growing numbers involved with cricket in Finland.
The insurance company has again provided information on the terms of the insurance in English, so please be aware of the benefit of taking out this policy.